Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Acceptance

There are moments in your childhood that stand out that make or break you. They turn you into the person you hope to be or break you down mentally and emotionally. As you try and try to stand again you are always looking for acceptance. You are always trying to find the thing you lacked in your childhood.  The question is why? why are we always trying to prove to our parents/person that we are good enough, that they should be proud or why are we always trying to find the mate that will make you feel important or special? When will we realize that we are good enough special enough just the way we are. Why does the human race always try to go out of our way to get others approval? At the age of eight my father wrote and stuck a letter of 12 things he didn't like about me on the fridge in our home. I spent the last 17 years of my life trying to prove that I could be the daughter he wanted. At the age of 25 after I moved to Kauai and lived by myself, lost the boyfriend of seven years, worked 50 hours a week. and lost 60lbs my father finally said he was proud of me. Which I felt like I was on top of the world for about five minutes. Then I realized that he might be proud of me but was I proud of myself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment